Facebook Page

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Theraband Graduation

Hi everyone, as I promised I am putting up a report of my last visit to the physio. As the title suggests the physio has upgraded my rehab from boring old isometrics to the exciting world of therbands. I have 6 sets of movements to go through all pulling against the tension of the band, they are; rotating my arm inwards (pictured) and outwards, pulling in and out accross the front of my body and pulling the band forward and back in the direction I am facing.



It is surprising to me how much weakness I am finding in the shoudler from these exercises. The only thing I can think of that is a similar feeling is the times when I have done high reps of crunches and had my abs shudder from the pain. The only thing is that on some of the exercises my arm starts to shake after about 2 reps! The positive thing though is that, as I am really weak in these areas I am noticing huge improvement very quickly, I wish my grappling game improved that fast!

Anyway i had probably better go, but before I do I have to mention the movie my wife and I saw the other night. We went out to see Kenny, the film about the guy that rents out porta loos for major events, it was bloody funny, see it if you can! I'll have something more to add after the 2 classes tomorrow night, beginners and intermediate.

No comments: