Facebook Page

Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Rubber Mount"

My personal game at the moment is as I have been writing about a lot recently, mostly it has been about triangles and omoplata combinations. The big factor is that I am more and more starting to view guard as a place to get submissions first and sweeps second, where previously I had always swept primarily. The result I guess is that I have developed a reasonably good sweep game over the last few years, but haven’t done a lot of work on subs, I think I have John Wills recent seminar on Omoplata to thank for my new found offensive guard game though.

Anyways, I have also been playing with a new top game as well and been covering it in my Wednesday night Intermediate classes. I have been working off different options and submissions from S-Mount, I am playing with the name “Rubber Mount” at the moment for the game as I do a lot of grabbing my own feet and pulling them all over the place, much like Eddie Bravo does with his Rubber Guard.

Basically I have been working on going to High Mount, then Pivoting to S-Mount and pulling my foot really tight into my opponents far arm pit with my lower arm. From there I have been going through this progression;

Ÿ Upright Near Arm Bar
Ÿ Far Figure 4 (to break grip for arm bar)
Ÿ Insert lower shin through arms (to break grip for arm bar)
Ÿ If grip wont break go to mounted triangle.
Ÿ From there go to upright arm bar if they don’t tap to the triangle.

I’ll get some pics of this up soon, and mention more about it as things come up in my rolls.

C ya

No comments: