Facebook Page

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Bells

As you will have no doubt read I have been using Bells for about 2 years now primarily since rehabing my major should reconstruction. I went from an 8kg bell to a 12kg bell and until recently have been using one 18kg bell (Ozbell), I have decided recently though that the time has come to move on.

So, I splashed out and bought some new bells the other day, very exciting times!

I have had the Blue 18kg bell on the far right for a while but had been thinking about getting a pair and was also thinking that I was ready to move up to a larger bell. So I figured I'd get a pair of bigger bells while I was at it. I got the 2 new 25kg bells (the black ones) and the new 18kg to match my existing one from Mike Patterson, my Osteo, who designs and makes Ozbells. Ozbells by the way are the best Kettlebells in the world, bar none. They come in 1 and 2 kg increments as well as some made from bronze in some really ornate designs.


Anyways I am finding lots of evil doing double clean and presses etc on the 25kg bells and am loving doing double rows as well. I recently purchased Mike Mahler's Beginner Kettlebell Workshop DVD which is great and also got with it Mike's Kettlebell ebook. They are both fantastic and worth having. I found most of Mike's ideas useful including ideas on Nutrition, Mike's ideas helped to form part of my nutritional plan that has allowed to lose 22kg over the last 5 months or so (116kg to 94kg approx).

I am have always been simple with bells, basically just doing swings, Cleans, Clean and Presses and Rows. I have started now to add in Windmills and Turkish Get ups all though I am only doing the last 2 with the 18kg bells as I still need to build a little more post operation stability in my shoulder, but I am getting there.

Anyway like I said, very exciting times!

No comments: