Facebook Page

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy in a new club.

So after a tumultuous few months I am really happy to be officially in a new club. I am training under my long time coach Adam Newton in his new club Maromba South . This club has one of the best atmosphere's that I have been involved in for a long time. Without deviating too much into a shameless plug, it is I think the best place to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Hobart and the Eastern Shore and is composed of people who focus on helping each other grow. In addition Maromba South has a network of like minded clubs around Tassie through it's involvement with the Tasmanian Federation of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. We are also affiliated with a Launceston based club BJJ TAZ/Maromba with whom we share training and friendship and have an open door policy with each other.




It is no secret that the world of BJJ (and all martial arts) can sometimes be effected by "politics", which is I believe, often just a word for rudeness. I have certainly been the subject of this before and I am pleased though to say that the core group that make up Maromba South are friendly and welcoming, everything that a club should be.


My coach, Adam has decided to affiliate and train with Thiago Stefanutti of Maromba Academy Australia, I am very pleased about this as Thiago is a great coach who has shown generosity and genuine care for his students and also has a great sense of humour. I am pleased to call Thiago a coach and a friend.


So basically I am really happy to train in a family friendly environment where the focus is on your own development and where there is room for eveyone's goals to be met, not just an elite few. Between my training partners, my coach Adam and our head coach Thiago, I feel like I am in really good hands....

Adam (my coach), Thiago (head coach) and Me......

No comments: