Facebook Page

Thursday, November 30, 2006

hi all take 2

Hi everyone this is take 2 for the post of the most recent thursday class. I was on line just now and noticed that for some reason the post that I wrote had disappeared, figure that one out?

Anyway, I am pressed for time so I'll just do a quick run down to the class contents.

As usual I had a stand up component and a ground component. I'll start with the stand up;

Standup

We went thorugh some striking and kicking drills on pads as part of the warm up which included jab, cross hook combos and knees. After the warmup we did the aeroplane drill as far as the harness position. Instead of going to the RNC (rear naked choke) or the the rear hoist takedown, we used a bump to take the opponents balance and then knelt straight down for the takedown. From this takedown we secured our control position by taking the opponents free wrist in empty hand (creating figure 4 type grip) and rolled them to a side mount. My intention is to investigate different attacks from that position in the next class including; Lapel Half Nelson Choke, Goose Neck, Arm bar and Rear Naked Choke from back.

On the ground we went through a few guard attacks.

Figure 4 from guard
Figure 4 from butterfly guard
Omoplata from butterfly guard.

Anyway I must run but I'll try and make my next post actually stay on the site.

No comments: